You can clear away the ill effects of over-indulgence by using this nourishing, natural detoxifying broth. It is filled with vitalizing ingredients such as pumpkin, carrots and spinach.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Things You'll Need
- Non-reactive cooking pot.
- Cheese cloth or thin linen
- 1 3/4 quarts of pure water
- 1 tsp. of Celtic sea salt
- 5 slices of sliced ginger root
- 2 finely chopped carrots
- 3 finely chopped celery stalks
- 1 cup of finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup of finely chopped spinach
- 1 cup of finely diced pumpkin
- 1 finely chopped squash
- 5 finely sliced Shiitake mushrooms, fresh or dried
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
Place the water and all the other ingredients into the cooking pot.
Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, then reduce the heat to simmer. Cover partially and let cook until the liquid is reduced to about half the original amount you started with.
Prepare the colander by lining it with a piece of cheesecloth or thin linen.
Strain the hot mixture of broth into a bowl.
Discard the vegetable pulp and drink the broth with meals or as a snack.
Tips & Warnings
- Check with your doctor before beginning any detox program.