Saturday, January 12, 2008

How to Make a Tea Ritual

Introduction

I enjoy several cups of tea a day. Most of them are either drunk on the go or while I am doing other things. In other words, I don't give myself enough time to really enjoy it.

But, I have a tea ritual that I love to do once in a while. It really helps me relax and unwind. I dim the lights or light a few candles and pick a place to stop, relax and rest. In the summer I like to do this outside. Or, I'll just listen to some relaxing music. It really does help.

Do you want to find new ways to relax? Creating a tea ritual can certainly do that for you.

Instructions

Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Things You'll Need

  • 1 tsp. of loose herb or one tea bag of your relaxing herbal tea of choice such as chamomile, lemon balm or oatstraw. You can also choose a blend that is designed for relaxation.
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • A mug or cup
  • Candles, bubble bath, relaxing music, fluffy pillows and the like
  • Tea strainer (only if using loose herb)

Steps

1

Step One

Bring one cup of water to a boil. When it boils, pour water into mug with the tea bag. You can also use one teaspoon of loose herb that's inside a tea strainer.
2

Step Two

Take a moment to think about your ideal relaxation space. Write about it in your journal or just let your thoughts inspire you.
3

Step Three

Make a list of all the items you will need to make your space relaxing. I use candles, relaxing music and fluffy pillows. But, you can also create a relaxing bath as your tea ritual or spend some time outdoors.
4

Step Four

Create the atmosphere that you decided on. Spend 15 to 30 minutes enjoying your quiet time and relaxation.

Tips & Warnings

  • Some people like to write in their journal, pray or do something spiritual, or even do some stretches or yoga.
  • You can also create a tea ritual that is also an at-home-spa. Do a foot soak, take a bath, apply a facial mask, etc.

No comments: